Caring Community supports fellow temple members who are ill, bereaved, or in need of extra assistance or encouragement. Our goal is to help with the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of congregants to the greatest extent possible.
TSG’s Caring Community offers:
• Set up for post-funeral or Shiva meals
• Zoom and/or home visits for the homebound
• Hospital visits (post pandemic/vaccination clearance)
• Remembrance cards at the one year anniversary of a loss
• Supplying words of love/mazel tov in times of celebration
If you are in need, reaching out to Caring Community is easy and confidential. Just contact any individual on the following list whom you feel comfortable speaking with:
Carol Cornell, Caring Community Co-Chair
Jan Sway, Caring Community Co-Chair
Rabbi Rick Schechter
Susan Hain, Project & Accounting Manager
Need help getting in touch with one of them? Send the temple office a request for their contact information by clicking here.
Finally, Caring Community is only as strong as the temple members who support and run it. If you are a caring individual who would like to help, contact Carol or Jan. Thank you!